[olug] US Army 'going to Linux' after OS switch for GI PDA

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Oct 28 16:33:21 UTC 2003

The "Land Warrior" system is VERY cool technology.  My only concern (as a
history buff) is that our military is getting to "Whiz-bang" and then what
happens to a unit that gets cut-off and is out of supply.  All that very
expensive training and equipment becomes useless.

It's still damn cool though.  Someday soon we'll start seeing power-assist
exoskeletons (the army has already started R&D on synthetic muscle).

Bill

                      Sam Tetherow
                      <tetherow at nicusa.        To:       Jay at RebootTheUser.com, Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
                      com>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [olug] US Army 'going to Linux' after OS switch for GI PDA
                      olug-bounces at olug
                      .org

                      10/28/2003 10:14
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Omaha Linux User
                      Group

Now how cool is that, and I don't necessarily mean just the fact that
they are going with linux.

Sam Tetherow                           tetherow at nicusa.com
Director of Development
NIC Labs (PSSG)                        http://www.nicusa.com