[olug] new to Samba

thelarsons3 at cox.net thelarsons3 at cox.net
Mon Oct 27 20:51:27 UTC 2003

Hello...

I'm new to using Samba but need to access a Windows share with smbclient.  The share exists, my user is part of a group that has read access to the share, I can connect to it...but then I can't read anything.  At the smb prompt I get "ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess listing \*".  This is likely a problem on the Winderz side, and I never claimed to be a Windows expert.  None of the online references I've read so far have given me any workable suggestions.  Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

--
Tim & Alethea