[olug] /etc/skel directory

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Wed Oct 22 16:05:48 UTC 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Jon H. Larsen wrote:

> Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:53:50 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Jon H. Larsen <relayer at levania.org>
> To: olug at olug.org
> Subject: [olug] /etc/skel directory
>
> As many of you know or may not know, the /etc/skel folder is the
> 'default' folder used when adding a new user.  Typically, you will find
> .bashrc, .bash_logout, and sometimes .procmailrc, in it.  This files are
> included in the new user's folder at the time of user creation.

In the environment I have here at work, I have a generic .procmailrc
on the mail server in the skel dir, which has some variables defined.  I
have INCLUDERCs for spamassassin and attachment scanning to protect
against SoBig, Klez, etc.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer at levania dot org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org