[olug] Re: Wireless Help

Jaymz Ringler jringler at sperrytv.com
Tue Oct 21 00:27:42 UTC 2003

Are you trying to connect the two laptops together via wireless cards?
no access point?

I run RedHat9 with an Dell TrueMobile (orinoco silver) card.  I have a
linksys access point connected to my lan.

my wireless setup is such:

adhoc mode, specified my SID,  channel is set as such for the access
point, and speed is set to auto, and my wep key is set....

ip scheme is the same as my wired network.   Default gateway for the
wireless settings is the inside of my firewall appliance.   and of
course the same subnet.

There really isn't anything else to do...  make sure the wireless
connection is using the correct ethernet device (eht0 or eth1).

if you have any problems after that, maybe check iptables/chains..