[olug] Wireless Help - Fixed ... Kinda

Joe Catanzaro joecatanzaro at cox.net
Mon Oct 20 22:09:51 UTC 2003

I was able to get pinging to work by typing this line:
  iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc channel 6 essid george key off rate 22M

But my current problem is that there is so much STDOUT thrown to the
console screen that I'm unable to work. And when I try to connect remotely,
it won't connect because there aren't any free CPU cycles. I'd love to slam
all this to /dev/null, but I don't know where it's coming from. Any ideas?

And here's a sample of one of the many lines spamming my console:
Receiving packet 21 (MGMT/Beacon): fc 0x0080, length 59, mode = 0, iStatus 4
pkt c002cd70 info: time 267528504, silence 70, signal 0

Thanks,