[olug] Web Hosting / Domain Registration

whaisch4 at cox.net whaisch4 at cox.net
Sat Oct 18 21:21:19 UTC 2003

I like DomainAvenue.com.  For $30 / yr one gets:

1. 30Mb virtual web hosting with FTP support
2. 5 POP3 mailboxes (10Mb each)
3. own CGI-BIN Perl 5.6 +LWP +PHP4 +SSI
4. MySQL ver 10.8/11.6 distribute 3.23
5. password protected directories
6. HTTP-based Realvideo/audio streaming
7. unlimited email addresses with your domain
8. unlimited traffic and hits
9. web-based configuration interface

All kinds of good stuff!  I have only used the web hosting & SSI (counter) but
none of the advanced features.  I've never had any problems with them.  I
used to use Register.com but they started charging for EVERY little service
that costs them nothing (i.e. email redirection was an EXTRA $30/yr!!!
Bastards!!!) so I moved.  Now all my web site are belong to
DomainAvenue.com.

-Wm.
bill at whaisch.com