[olug] capturing data from serial port

Sam Tetherow tetherow at nicusa.com
Thu Oct 9 15:44:09 UTC 2003

What do you mean by phone data?  If you mean something along the lines
of 'press 1 if you like beer' check out bayonne at
http://www.gnu.org/software/bayonne/bayonne.html  I've used it for
several production applications and it works like a charm.  It is a
pretty cheap IVR setup.  A 4 port dialogic card will run you about $500
and the box itself can be pretty much any bare bones PC you can pick up,
it runs quite nicely on a celeron 500 with 256M ram and a 10G hard
drive.  If you want smaller you can get single port cards for ~$100 and
if you need more you can get a DM3 cards that have 48+ lines per card
(using incoming PRI lines).