[olug] Java VM Issues

kent tegels ktegels at Msn.com
Wed Oct 8 14:15:00 UTC 2003

Ah, the joy of traveling in the undiscovered country...

We're a Windows shop planning our move away from the MSJVM to a SUN JVM. We
have an off-the-shelf application that seems to insist on having 1.2.0 of
the VM installed. I'm wondering however, if that's the safest version of the
JVM we could deploy. Can somebody point me to where I can find information
on the difference security-wise between the various JVM versions?

Please don't laugh and remind that I'm trying fix a sandbag when there's
whole Ocean of issues waiting to pound us. I know that. One headache a day
is my limit and I've already got that... <grin>

Also, am I correct in assuming that the versions of the JDK and JVM are kept
"in-sync?"

Thanks!
Kent