[olug] Now what...

Steve Busby Steve at Busby.com
Sun Oct 5 23:15:28 UTC 2003

On Sunday 05 October 2003 05:48 pm, Tom wrote:
> Looks like it is Knoppix/Debian 3.0
> When it is booting it says Ver 2.78 Knoppix/Debian.
>
> There only appears to be 2 files that run in X11 directory.  X gives me the
> blank screen with X in middle (I can move it with mouse) like it is trying
> to start but never does.  After about 5 minutes I did ctl,alt backspace and
> it took me back to text screen I did startx again and got same errors as
> before could not start kdeinit and could not start ksmserver check
> installation.
> Other than the fact HDA3 is read-only and I don't have gui interface system
> appears fine.
>
> Tom

Let's backup, you're still getting hda3 as read-only, but with the exception
of x windows, your box is booting everything else fine?  Are booting into
single-user mode?  Is the boot processing coming up with error(s), then
having you enter the root password?

--
BuzB

Registered Linux User 216668 on
Registered Machine 189657 at
http://counter.li.org
Current System Stats:
Linux 2.4.21-0.13mdk #1 Fri Mar 14 15:08:06 EST 2003 i686
 18:05:01 up 19 days, 21:18,  5 users,  load average: 1.48, 1.39, 1.30
Seti work units completed: 14072
Seti client running: 19-17:43:03
Percentage complete: 70.4757
Last result returned: (Sun Oct  5 20:41:34 2003)