[olug] Now what...

Tom huber28 at cox.net
Sun Oct 5 05:16:37 UTC 2003

I was working away trying to install a communications package and the screen
switched from gui to text mode.
I did a reboot and it said system contains FS w/errors force check, it went
through and fixed a page of errors.
Then said unexpected inconsistency please repair manually and reboot.  So I
ran fsck (like it said on the screen)
and if fixed some more errors and said reboot and now it reboots but won't
mount the hard drive and won't go into the gui
it just flash's a few times and then back to text mode.  From the text mode
it seems fine but what the heck....
Do I need to re install system or is there a way to reload the X system ??
Since I am trying to learn this stuff there is not a lot on this box so
either way it is no big deal (other than time) if I have to blow it away.  I
have tried RH8 and Knopix/Debian 3.0.  If anybody has any ideas I am ready
to listen.  Thanks in advance.

Tom