[olug] OpenSSL .97c on FreeBSD

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Fri Oct 3 20:55:06 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 02:05:20PM -0500, Sean Kelly wrote:
> AFAIK, it is not announced yet. I just checked, and it has been MFC'd to
> RELENG_4. If you are running RELENG_4, just cvsup and do the normal
>  buildworld/installworld. It doesn't look like it is in the security
> branches yet (i.e. RELENG_4_8, RELENG_4_7).

The RELENG_5_1, RELENG_5_0, RELENG_4_8, RELENG_4_7, and RELENG_4_6 security
branches now have the necessary patches applied to OpenSSL. As one would
expect for a "security only update" branch, the new version of OpenSSL was
not committed. Instead, a patch was applied against the existing OpenSSL.

So as I understand it, RELENG_5 and RELENG_4 have the new OpenSSL, while
the security branches just have the necessary patch applied to them.

I'm basing all this off the commit messages. I may be wrong. I would expect
somethign on freebsd-announce@ shortly. Feel free to mock me if I totally
misread the commit logs.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org