[olug] Great Eye Wheel Mouse

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Thu Oct 2 10:40:13 UTC 2003

You should just need to add the number of buttons to the mouse in the
/etc/X11/XF86Config and change the protocol. It looks at the wheels as two
buttons, one up, one down, another one if you can depress the
wheel..........

examples

####Generic wheel mouse
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection
#####

OR

#####M$ Trackball
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        # Modified by mouseconfig
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option          "Buttons"               "7"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "no"
EndSection
#####