[olug] collocation

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Wed Oct 1 23:42:39 UTC 2003

At Wed, 01 Oct 03, Unidentified Flying Banana Kenton Brede, said:
> I meant to post this earlier when others had asked about collocation.
> I haven't used these people nor know anyone who has but on paper they
> are one of the best I've seen.
>
> http://www.johncompanies.com/

Hrm. . .

Reading through their website, it looks like it's not "real" co-location.

What they're doing is just offering dedicated server hosting.  Basically,
you purchase/lease the use of their server, and then do with it as you
will.

And, actually, you don't even get your own physical server with them.
They appear to have a handful of large "enterprise class" servers (their
description) that they partition and sell chroot's/virtual server's on.

It's not what I'm looking for, but I do appreciate the link.  Anyone
who's considering co-locating a computer should also check into dedicated
server hosting.