[olug] MAKEDEV help please

Terry Bradshaw angrypuppy at tconl.com
Wed Oct 1 22:37:46 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 14:08, Jay Swackhamer wrote:
> The scsi emulation is for cdburners, is this what you were setting up the
> ide-scsi emulation for?
>
> you shouldnt have to change the mount point for anything, you should just
> have to use the SCSI address for the drive in your burner software. i.e.
> 0,0,0
>
> does the drive show up under a scanbus?

Once I issued modprobe ide-scsi, it does show up.  It did not before.  I
honestly thought support was compiled into my kernel.  Obviously, it's a
loadable module.  I need to add that modprobe line to startup.

I also changed the config file for devfs.  The device is now identified
as cdrw rather than scd0...no problem.  fstab changed to reflect it.

I think it's all going to work.

I'll post an update.

Thanks for your help,
Terry