[olug] Redhat: /dev/ttyS0 needs a 'tickle' from setserial

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Wed Oct 1 12:21:43 UTC 2003

   My /dev/ttyS0 seems to want a 'tickle' from setserial before it'll
work for minicom. Its not the first minor hardware oddity this IBM T-20
has shown me, but I hope its the last. FYI I've been very pleased with
the T-20 platform overall - well supported for FreeBSD, RH9.0 install
just went in and worked without any fiddling except for minicom.