[olug] Re: COX user are unable to receive mail from OLUG ( http://www.olug.org )

Darren Alexander djalexander at cox.net
Wed Nov 26 21:00:24 UTC 2003

If you show that log entry that was included in the forward to your smtp
administrator, it will be obvious what the problem is.

deferral:
Connected_to_68.6.19.3_but_greeting_failed./Remote_host_said:_421_fed1mt
ai02.cox.net_connection_refused_from_[216.40.17.98]/

Cox's smtp server is refusing connections from the olug.org smtp
server.  That means that all members of the OLUG mailing list that use
Cox are unable to receive updates to the list.  I simply would like to
know why.  At first I thought this may be a result of some new spam
policy, but I still receive tons of spam.

Here is that log entry again, which is a reprint from a message that was
sent to you from  brian at omaha.org who is the mail administrator for OLUG
(Omaha Linux Users Group).

deferral:
Connected_to_68.6.19.3_but_greeting_failed./Remote_host_said:_421_fed1mt
ai02.cox.net_connection_refused_from_[216.40.17.98]/

Cox can be my friend in the digital age in two ways:
    1) Start using a spam filter such as SpamAssassin or DSPAM on your
smtp server.
    2) Lower you prices

Without at least these two things, Cox's slogan might as well be "The
Only Game In Town".

Thanks,

-Darren Alexander

Cox eCare HSI wrote:

Dear Darren

Thank you for your email.

I'm not quite sure I understand what the problem is that you are
experiencing.  Please reply to this email with more details pertaining
to the situation, and I will be happy to assist you further.

I apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.  If we can
be of any additional service to you, please do not hesitate to contact
us again.  Thank you for choosing Cox Communications as your friend in
the digital age.

Sincerely,
STC - Janette W.
Cox High Speed Internet