[olug] samba sharing network printers?

dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Wed Nov 12 07:06:42 UTC 2003

Hello,
    I saw your message on a google search.
    I'm wondering if you can elaborate on samba network printing. I've got a
deskjet printer model 5550 connected to a Linux machine. Linux knows about
this printer, i.e. local printing works fine. Now i'd like to use samba to
share this printer amongst my network of clients. If possible i'd like to
upload printer drivers to the samba box and use point and print on the
clients to download/install them. Any help you can give is appreciated as
i've been through the howto and it is not working.
Thanks.
Dave.