[olug] good terminal emulator needed

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Wed Nov 26 02:37:57 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 06:06:06PM -0600, OBrien, Timothy  (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) wrote:

> <quote who="Terry">
> > putty?
> > http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
> >

> I second putty.

PuTTY is okay, but I find SecureCRT to be much nicer when it comes to
dealing with sessions and so forth. PuTTY just feels like a "cheaper"
version of SecureCRT. However, SecureCRT costs money. PuTTY is a pretty
good alternative, and the best free one I've found for Windows.

> There is also SSH Secure Shell client, and loads of others. What does
If you are talking about the one I tried a few months back (maybe even a
year now), that one sucks. It feels a little like SecureCRT, takes WAY too
much memory, and IIRC only did SSH1. However, I might be thinking of a
totally different client in which case just ignore me.

> Google say?
> http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Security/Products_and_Tools/Cryptography/SSH/Clients/Windows/?il=1

Google is the answer. What was the question?

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org