[olug] job security with a cs degree

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 18:15:48 UTC 2003

http://www.informit.com/isapi/product_id~%7BA1A19B19-6E6B-4187-8FB3-13EA72F1ABB7%7D/content/index.asp

http://www.saugatech.com/STPerspectives/5-10-02%20MKT-125%20Goodbye%20CIO.pdf

> > -Jeff

On that note, I can't find the url to the story I saw
this weekend (either Newsforge.org or linuxtoday.com,
can't remember now), but it was questioning the
boardroom decision of US firms to offshore IT jobs and
questioning the 'No Value Added.'

These foreign workers weren't suppost to flip-flop
jobs like their American counterparts, for higher pay
and better benefits.  Guess what, they are.

It was these same foreign workers who were seen as
loyal and not seen as becoming disgruntle towards
theirs employers.  Guess what, some threaten their
employers with posting of sensitive data on the
internet.

-Chris

=====