[olug] job security with a cs degree

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Sun Nov 23 10:00:57 UTC 2003

    I'll second this one. While having my Cisco Network and Design
Professional certifications (renewed for three years a week ago! yay!)
what has helped me agreat deal in each and every case since I got them
has been the fact that I know financial systems from my time at Big A
Auto Parts. Not only do I turn the network knobs, I think in terms of
depreciation, not acquisition cost ...

   So if you can manage it, get a 'non technical' job that expands your
value - know how to use computers is a start, knowing how to make them
work for others, preferrably others with MONEY, is a very good thing :-)