[olug] Suse 9.0 pro

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Fri Nov 21 00:31:24 UTC 2003

Just about every distro ( including SuSE ) dropped mp3 support for ogg in
their shipping (pay for) media, If you select items like mpg123 during the
install, SuSE pops up a dialog box that said something to the effect of " We
are not allowed to ship mp3 de/encoders " and it gave the url for bladeENC
and another I cant remember. Java however is definately there, SuSE tends to
force you to the IBM jdk however.