[olug] Suse 9.0 pro

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Nov 20 21:30:01 UTC 2003

I was using Konqueror.  I'm trying to limit my testing of stuff to
easy-to-use tools as if I was a regular user, so I didn't try smbclient (is
there a gui version of that?)

Bill

                      Terry
                      <td3201 at yahoo.com        To:       Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [olug] Suse 9.0 pro
                      olug-bounces at olug
                      .org

                      11/20/2003 09:08
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Omaha Linux User
                      Group

> The smb shares access seems to be dog slow though.
> Anyone have any ideas
> why that might be?  (Takes minutes to connect,
> authenticate, etc)

What utility are you using?  Do you notice the same
slow behavior with smbclient?