[olug] Suse 9.0 pro

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Nov 20 14:56:38 UTC 2003

I asked about this in the Suse irc channel, (with a company rep present),
and was told you can install as many copies as you like.  The "sticking
point" is that the install support is only for one machine, and that
machine has to be a stand-alone box.  Pretty standard for a Linux distro,
use the software as much as you want, but break out the cash if you want
help from them.

The one bit of "fun" that I had with my install was it correctly detected
my video card, but the stock drivers for that card are ... less than
perfect.  Basically they worked fine, except for one minor problem.  I
couldn't see my mouse pointer.  I had to switch back to the generic driver
and then when I downloaded updates it gave me the option of getting and
installing the Nvidia 3D driver.  That worked beautifully (and I can even
see my mouse pointer).

Last night I was actually able to play my first game of BZflag on 3D
accelerated Linux.  Whhooorah!  ;-)  (Got my butt kicked)

Bill

                      "Craig Wolf"
                      <cjwolf at mpsomaha.        To:       <olug at olug.org>
                      org>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [olug] Suse 9.0 pro
                      olug-bounces at olug
                      .org

                      11/20/2003 07:36
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Omaha Linux User
                      Group

>Anyone know what the license reads on installing 1 copy of this to
multiple machines?  I want to remove Red >Hat from my home system and
install this copy of SuSe to it but I want to but legal, if you know what I
mean.  >8)