[olug] integrate Oracle with LAMP using RPMs

Ryan O'Rourke ryano at ch-gifts.com
Wed Nov 19 19:28:47 UTC 2003

I'm building a new LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python) server
on RedHat AS 3 that will need to query an Oracle database. I've done
this in the past but always by installing the Oracle client libs and
installing Apache, PHP, and MySQL from source. This time I'd like to
build the whole thing using RPMs for ease of administration. Is there
any way to go about this?
Currently, the install is fresh and unmodified and all packages are from
distribution discs (no source packages).
The "phpinfo()" page is showing configure options that include:
'--with-mysql=shared,/usr'
'--without-oci8'
'--enable-dbx'

Under the DBX section of phpinfo() the list of supported databases
include Oracle 8 (oci8), but when I try an Oracle query from a php
script I get the standard "Call to undefined function: ocilogon()"
error.

Any help / suggestions would be great.

-- Ryan