[olug] Latitude C800 laptop

Eric Penne epenne at olug.org
Fri Nov 14 03:03:27 UTC 2003

I'm trying to install Debian with the 2.4 kernel from the new Debian
Installer for Sarge on a Dell Latitude C800 laptop and I'm not having any
luck.  I get past the bootprompt and then the display blacks out.  If I
connect an external monitor I can see it boot up to the first menu but
after that it does a hardware detection it locks up as it tries to detect
the video setup.

I've used the straight debian netinstall disks also with the same results.
 I don't know if I need to pass some boot parameters or anything but I
can't seem to find any that would make sense.

Any help?

Eric