[olug] compter parts

Phil Brutsche phil at brutsche.us
Thu Nov 6 23:40:13 UTC 2003

mescie wrote:

> I'm going to build a computer for my mom.I was in no hurry to get it
> done but things have changed and now I need to do it by christmas.I have
> some of the parts here at home but I still need to buy some
> things,(case,mobo,harddrive).I'd like to get it all on one site,can I
> have some opinions on some sites good or bad?

Avoid DIT.

For components, newegg.com.

For pretty nifty pre-assembled machines, Dell.  They use quality parts,
and a comparable hand-assembled "white box" with parts of similar
quality and a legal version XP Home will cost darn near the same.  Their
factory refurbished machines are hard to beat - a few days ago I got in
(for a co-worker) a 2.2 Celeron, 128MB ram, 80GB HD, a 48X CD-ROM, a 48X
CD-RW, legal versions of XP Home and Office XP for $430+shipping.

--

Phil Brutsche
phil at brutsche.us