[olug] compter parts

Tim Bornholtz tim at bornholtz.com
Thu Nov 6 19:51:59 UTC 2003

I'm not trying to be facetious, but how about http://www.dell.com.  I
just went through the same thing at home.  After looking and pricing
things out, I ended up going to Dell and getting their low end PC.  This
is a PC for my wife (not me) and she wants Word, email, the web, and her
proprietary program for her business.  She doesn't need something fancy
or high powered.

I ended up getting her a 2.2G Celery, 256MB Ram, 80G Hdd, 17" monitor,
CD Burner for $572 with tax and shipping.  Comparing this to her old PC,
this thing is blazing fast.

Of course I did have to pay the MS tax for Windows XP but at least I've
converted her over to Mozilla for email and web.  I've almost got her
convinced to switch to AbiWord too.

If you are interested in building your own, I've had pretty good luck
with Computers To Go (http://www.computers2go.com/). They have a shop in
Bellevue and are really helpful whenever questions arose.

-Tim