[olug] RH's Army of Friends - added OLUG

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Wed Nov 5 07:12:33 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:24:37 -0600
Brian Wiese <bwiese at cotse.com> wrote:

|I took the liberty of adding OLUG to the "Army of Friends" listing on Red
|Hat's Open Source :Now: campaign initiative.  I just put down some
|information I thought relevant, may not be completely accurate (olug
|address,  zip code).  (common' Husker Lug already had an entry! =)
|
|http://www.redhat.com/opensourcenow/army_of_friends.html

yeah, after I heard now that Redhat won't be offering 'freebies' anymore
(just catching up on list traffic), I think I dislike RH even _more_ now,
and I was already dissatisfied with SuSE shortly after a boxed pro version
of 7.3 couldn't get yast2 updates anymore... all the ftp servers in the
'gui yast2' wouldn't connect...

having a gnu/linux system that is managable... now and always, with the
largest volunteer community of supporters (Debian), thats really the only
distro I'd trust to run a server on, and can all be done without
license/fee restrictions.  bsd/gento/et al... they're good too. =)

--
 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru