[olug] Novell Announces Agreement to Acquire SUSE

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Wed Nov 5 07:09:29 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:10:20 -0600 (CST)
"Jon H. Larsen" <relayer at levania.org> wrote:

|http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2003/11/pr03069.html
|
|Novell Announces Agreement to Acquire Leading Enterprise Linux Technology
|
|Company SUSE LINUX

omg... when I heard Novell was really interested in Linux about a year
ago, I guess they were really right!  (this was before they bought out
ximian...)  Dang, they have probably the best desktop system for
GNU/Linux, and now the largest distributor in all of Europe (all of the
world until Redhat recently).  I 'hope' this ends up being a good thing...

I was about to give away my SuSE stuffed gecko from linuxworld this
summer, maybe it will have more value being from before this take over?
anyhow, if anyone's a big SuSE fan.. you can have it. =)  I'm just glad I
use Debian!!!  With the recent Redhat news, and now this for SuSE, I don't
know if these are good or bad signs for the open source/linux economy...
kinda crazy stuff... all i can say

--
 Brian Wiese | bwiese(at)cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru