[olug] One Point Twenty-One Jigawatts

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed May 14 14:39:58 UTC 2003

Yes, lightning rods do actually work, providing they are properly grounded.
Extremely high voltage arcs (ie lightning) do some funny things though, so
nothing is 100% assured.

Another caveat is whether your "ground" is good.  We have a transmitter
tower that can not be adequately grounded due to the fact that it is
sitting on sand, which is crappy for grounding.  Makes for interesting
times for the transmitter crew during lightning storms.

Bill
computer geek for NETV

                      Kenton Brede
                      <xyf at nixnotes.org        To:       Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [olug] One Point Twenty-One Jigawatts
                      olug-bounces at olug
                      .org

                      05/14/2003 03:31
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Omaha Linux User
                      Group

Did the house have lightning rods?  Anyone know if lightning rods on top
of houses actually work?
kent