[olug] web sites for Linux newbies

OBrien, T IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sun May 11 20:55:23 UTC 2003

<quote who="Mac Petras">
[snipped by IrishMASMS]

> My personal favorite, and which more often than not
> people seem to forget/overlook is http://Groups.Google.com.
> All I can say about it is Google rocks for making Usenet
> newsgroup even better!
> Mac Petras
> Mac at PetrasWeb.com
[snipped by IrishMASMS]

I have been an avid user of NNTP/Newsgroups since getting on the 'real'
Internet around 1994; so I know what you mean about people forgetting or
overlooking the valuable resource NNTP is...

I think it is more ignorance (not knowing what it is or how to access it)
than people forgetting or overlooking NNTP.

The handout is for basic newbies to Linux, if not computing in general -
not someone or something I want to explain to a newbie.

--
A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?