[olug] Good article zero- and small-footprint Linux distributions

Jay Swackhamer Jay at reboottheuser.com
Thu May 8 00:34:02 UTC 2003

The first half of the first page of this article is outright lies. If the
hardware is obscure enough that it is not detected under linux, then (from
experience) it would also require additional drivers/disk under windows.

But under linux you could add the drivers and continue, not
install/reboot/install/reboot/install/reboot/install/reboot
/install/reboot
/install/reboot
/install/reboot
/install/reboot
/install/reboot
/install/reboot
/install/reboot

Blue-screen.........

Both OS's have good and bad points, but proliferating the untruths about
install difficulties is irksome........