[olug] df not reporting what I expect

Eric Penne epenne at olug.org
Fri Mar 28 03:52:42 UTC 2003

It's all driven by marketing.  Using the capital H with df uses the
manufacturers definition.  I think at one time I heard of megabyte being
what we would normally use and mebibyte being the marketing value.  I kind
of took it like, "If you don't know the difference the it maybe a
megabyte" therefore they call them mebibytes.

Eric