[olug] Redhat 8 kernal errata updates

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 00:11:57 UTC 2003

Am I thinking lilo here, but doesn't a ./sbin/grub
come into play at the very end?

I know that John, aka Mr Helpy, advised me on this at
the last installfest.

Perhaps he or another member could give us his insight
on how to do this.

thanks

-Chris

--- Jeff Hinrichs <jlh at cox.net> wrote:
> Francis,
> Sorry, not much for using the gui, I do it from the
> command line. :)
>
> First find out what kernels you have installed
> currently (as root, from a
> shell):
>   rpm -qa|grep kernel
> Now, find out what kernel you are currently booting
> with:
>   uname -a
> Now remove the kernels you are not using (repeat as
> needed, removing the
> oldest [smallest verison number] to oldest):
>   rpm -e kernel-2.xxxxxxx
> Now check to make sure you have room
>  df -ah
> and see how much you have available on your boot
> partition (usually, /boot,
> for a Redhat install)
>
> If you are not sure what kernels to remove email us
> the output of the first
> two commands listed above.
>
> Have fun!
> -Jeff

=====
Winning an argument on the internet is like getting 1st place at the Special Olympics