[olug] Redhat 8 kernal errata updates

Francis Geiger hmcsret at cox.net
Wed Mar 26 12:45:42 UTC 2003

As a newbie I have been using the Redhat8 up2date package to update my
system. I have just been clicking on the up2date launcher and installed
the new Kernel errata changes.  Now the launcher says I need 4 meg to do
the install. At boot in grub, I see three versions of the kernel listed.
The latest edition is highlighted.  I just go with the count down and
all is well. Being new to this system I assume these are copies of the
entire kernel and I need to remove one or two copies to make room for
the latest errata.  Am I correct here also how do I remove one of the
versions without creating problems?   Many thanks in advance Grant