[olug] LDAP addresses on Exhange Server

Eric Penne epenne at olug.org
Thu Mar 20 15:33:15 UTC 2003

I figured out how to get my Mozilla addressbook to pull addresses from
an Exchange server.

The exchange server is running on NT4 and I think it is exchange 5.5.

My settings in the directory server are as follows:

Name: nt_le
hostname: nt_le
Base DN: cn=Recipients,ou=L_ELECTRICAL,o=LESTER ELECTRICAL
Port: 389
Bind DN:

Bind DN is blank

hostname could be an IP address also.
o is the organization
ou is the organizational unit which also is the domain that the windows
PCs log into.
cn is just there.  I got lucky with that one by checking the Outlook98
setup and it said it was accessing
\\nt_le\LESTER ELECTRICAL\L_ELECTRICAL\Recipients

I then had to shut down mozilla completely including browser, mail, and
addressbook.  When I restarted mozilla and looked in the addressbook it
listed nt_le.  I selected nt_le and then typed Eric into the search
field and my name and email address showed up.  WooHoo!!!!!!!  Good day
for me.

Eric