[olug] When /etc/modules.conf go bad

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 04:06:15 UTC 2003

Does anyone have any idea why all of this ended up in
my /etc/modules.conf file and what it means?

I'm referring to the post-install and pre-remove lines

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 3c59x
alias usb-controller usb-ohci
alias sound-slot-0 trident
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f
/etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f
/etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
alias sound-slot-1 emu10k1
post-install sound-slot-1 /bin/aumix-minimal -f
/etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-1 /bin/aumix-minimal -f
/etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
alias /proc/scsi/imm
alias /proc/scsi/parport
alias /lib/modules/2.4.18-26.8.0/kernel/fs/ntfs

That last module that I loaded/aliased was the ntfs
and and that was a few weeks ago.  Then this morning,
bam, on startup it was only loading ext3 and jbd.

=====
Winning an argument on the internet is like getting 1st place at the Special Olympics