[olug] any audio processing gurus

neal r neallist at wispair.net
Sat Mar 15 22:26:11 UTC 2003

  I've got a couple minutes of cell phone audio, recorded with a little
Sony dictation type recorder. The speaker holding the phone is clear,
the remote speaker is not.

  I've used the following sox command to start the clean up - band pass
with noise reduction centered on 1850Hz with 1500Hz wide band, and the
vol stuff is an attempt to boost the background 1.1 dB with a peak
limiter of .9. The peak limit is the part I'm having trouble with - any
suggestions???

sox -t wav denial.wav denial2.wav band -n 1850 1500 vol 1.1 type=dB .9