[olug] I VETO the poll on the unix tips

Bradshaw Terence tbradshaw at tconl.com
Thu Mar 13 17:11:15 UTC 2003

> I for one really don't like that kind of discussion... logging into some
> site, shifting though pages of some web bbs... I rather prefer to hit
> 'reply'. =)  I honestly don't make 'daily' checks of discussion news
> sites - dont have the time, I do ocassionally spend all too much time
> reading from mailing lists though.  /$0.2

Sure.  Everyone has their preferences.  I was just trying to find a middle
ground for what seems to be a devisive issue.

As someone new to the group, I can tell you the web page often looks
pretty dead (activity-wise...not a look/feel slam), so a new person might
not realize that the UG is actually very active.  It wasn't until someone
told me about the mailing list that I realized that was where all the
discussion took place.  To me, it has somewhat the feel of being more
exclusive than inclusive.  You all seem like a prety cool group, so I'm
sure that's not the intent.

I thought the article idea would also serve to show some activity on the
OLUG home page and show more life.

Oh well... I'm getting off-topic again anyhow...

Terry