[olug] Re: OLUG digest, Vol 1 #296 - 11 msgs

William Haisch whaisch4 at cox.net
Thu Mar 13 06:27:49 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 12:00  PM, olug-request at olug.org wrote:

> I haven't yet found the article, but I swear I saw a headline this
> weekend
> that said that the SCO lawsuit isn't about Linux.  We can only hope so.
> (Although the case doesn't seem to hold water from what I've read).

Right, it was SCO's complaint that IBM illegally incorporated some of
SCO's Unix intellectual property into their Linux.  If they win
(doubtful), it could cascade into other Linux/Unix derivatives because
organizations respond to the threat of litigation, and no one enjoys
litigation.  Hell, they would have a better chance using DCMA!  Even
Red Hat didn't post details of its own system updates to US because of
DCMA!

-Wm.
William Haisch
bill at whaisch.com