[olug] OT: Being a Twin Parent [was: Linux Laptop v/s Apple Powermac]

Jacobs, Robert A. RAJACOBS at northropgrumman.com
Mon Mar 10 19:05:06 UTC 2003

Sam Tetherow said:
> Don't have any advice in the laptop arena, but as a twin parent,
> congratulations!  Hang tough and sleep while you can.

Ha!  I've got a 2 year-old right now who doesn't like to sleep.  Was up
with him last night from 3:30 to 7:00 this morning.  Thankfully, I could
"rest" by stretching out on his bedroom floor while he played in his room.

He's never been a good sleeper and, recently, has begun eschewing his
afternoon naps and refusing to go down before 9:30 or 10:00 pm at night.
Hopefully, this is just a phase.  I'm not looking forward to having
3-under-3.

| Robert A. Jacobs          | If you think C++ is not overly complicated,  |
| Senior Developer          | just what is a "protected abstract virtual   |
| Northrop Grumman IT       | base pure virtual private destructor" and    |
|                           | when was the last time you needed one?       |
| (402) 293-3943            | -- Tom Cargill, C++ Journal, Fall 1990       |