[olug] mplayer screen snapshots

Adam Lassek hayai2 at cox.net
Mon Mar 10 00:53:31 UTC 2003

Err, not as such. Mplayer's gui is, to say the least, a little
incomplete. At the command line, the -vo option will let you specify
several different types of picture files for output instead of going to
the screen. I don't think there's any easy way to capture a single frame
though.

On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 14:09, Jonathan Warren wrote:
> I think xine just dumps the data that it would have sent to the display.  It is pretty cool.  I just figured something like that would be in mplayer.  I could always use xine but i am adicted to mplayer lately.
>

> On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 02:03:31PM -0600, Brian Wiese wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 13:42:47 -0600
> > Jonathan Warren <thechunk at cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > |xine has a snapshot button.  Is there anything like that for mplayer?
> >
> > I'm not sure if you just want a regular screenshot of part of your
> > xsession or what... but I use ksnapshot for that with KDE.
> >
> > peace
> >
> >   Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
yip yip yip yip yap yap yip *BANG* -- NO TERRIER