[olug] Problem printing webbased Turbotax

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sun Mar 9 19:43:02 UTC 2003

I had this problem last year.  I was using IE 5.5 and Win9x and I couldn't
get it to come up to print.  After chewing through the 1st line support at
Intuit I got to someone who had a brain and they didn't know either, but
they gave me some ideas.  Turns out with IE 5.5 I had to have client side
scripting support installed (I didn't) for it to work.

This year however I used Mozilla and had no problems, which surprised me.

Anyway there's something to check.

Bill

                      Francis Geiger
                      <hmcsret at cox.net>        To:       Omaha linux user group email <olug at olug.org>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      olug-admin at olug.o        Subject:  [olug] Problem printing webbased Turbotax
                      rg

                      03/08/03 07:52 PM
                      Please respond to
                      olug

I'm having a problem printing the web based TurboTax. They say I need
the adobi thing.  So I got on a web site that I know has pdf files and
uses adobi to print the files.  I down loaded a file and printed it with
out a single problem.  Then comes TurboTax, I tried to print their files
and the windows open up just fine.  I can see what I need to print,it
even gives me a window where the file is going.  But then nothing
happens and nothing is saved to the file. I must not have something
setup correctly.  Thanks for your help in advance  Grant