[olug] Linux Laptop v/s. Apple Powermac

Scott Evans munkey1979 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 9 00:56:19 UTC 2003

> POWERBOOK QUESTIONS
>
> 1.  Does Apple's "AirPort" wireless solution play
> well with non-Apple
> base stations?

Rob, was far as I know they are... 802.11b is the same
standard whether its apple or intel.  I also read that
you can use Linksys 802.11G wireless notebook adapters
inplace of the Airport Extreme cards found in the new
Powerbooks. But you need to be running OS X on the
powerbook and a hack perl script.  Below is the link
for the info and a link for the perl script. Hope the
above info is clear.

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/macintosh/story/0,24330,3419782,00.html