[olug] Elkhorn & points west - wireless internet

neal r neallist at wispair.net
Fri Mar 7 22:27:36 UTC 2003

   I just looked up from what I've been doing and I noticed that we've
turned up wireless internet service from a 400' tower at 210th and Dodge
earlier this week. I see I've also got a new cell facing west of the
Masonic Manor at 52nd and Leavenworth as well that needs just a little
bit more config work, then it'll be ready for subscribers.

   I think this makes fourteen total cells from as far south as Pacific
Junction, Iowa, to as far north as Blair, and we can reach as far west
as Valley from the 210th & Dodge location, with the east boundary being
line of site to the Woodmen building.

 I imagine there is a policy against commercial announcements so I'll
position this as a public service announcment for all of the dial up
victims^h^h^h^h^h^h^h users who are still limping along at 19.2k on bad
copper.