[olug] looking for an application

Dave Hull dphull at insipid.com
Thu Mar 6 04:09:54 UTC 2003

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 drose.SCANTRON at scantron.com wrote:

> At first glance, these two products look like they only work over an IP
> connection.  Does anyone know if they will run over a dial up connection?
> If not, does anyone know of a product that will?  What I am thinking of is
> something like Exceed by Hummingbird.

I used to use Exceed. It works over IP also. When you're dialing into the
network are you not using PPP or SLIP (cough) or some other  protocol which
assigns you an IP address?

> I do most of everything via the command line, but there are a few things
> that using a gui in RH makes it so much easier like, setting up printers,
> and networks.  I guess I don't need  to have this, but it would be nice, &
> make my life easier.

If you're looking for easy and command-line based, try using the "setup"
command on RH boxes. It's a nice menu driven application which will allow a
person to configure printers and networks, etc.

Good luck.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com

The Poems, all three hundred of them, may be summed up in one of their phrases:
"Let our thoughts be correct".
		-- Confucius