[olug] Mozilla 1.3b -- Where's my popup blocker?!?

Jacobs, Robert A. RAJACOBS at northropgrumman.com
Wed Mar 5 16:34:26 UTC 2003

A fellow oluger at work notified me of this and I'm wondering if anyone
else has seen it or has an answer:

After installing the latest version of Mozilla (1.3b), we've noticed that
the option to disable the ability for browsers to "Open Unrequested Windows"
(i.e. block pop-ups) is no longer available?  Needless to say, I fell back
to my 1.2 version -- I can't stand the idea of surfing without pop-up
blocking in place.

Is this a bug?  Does anyone know?  If this is not a bug, do any of the
Mozilla-based browsers (Galeon, Phoenix, etc.) still support pop-up
blocking?

| Robert A. Jacobs          | If you think C++ is not overly complicated,  |
| Senior Developer          | just what is a "protected abstract virtual   |
| Northrop Grumman IT       | base pure virtual private destructor" and    |
|                           | when was the last time you needed one?       |
| (402) 293-3943            | -- Tom Cargill, C++ Journal, Fall 1990       |