[olug] Cox and port 25

Jeff Hinrichs jeffh at delasco.com
Mon Jun 30 15:40:42 UTC 2003

Bob McCoy said:
> Tim V - DZ said:
>> I 'support' three small business owners in the area...
>> as in the rent space, have employees and such (not a little
>> guy working out of his basement kinda thing)

Speaking for my self and last weeks events...
> 1.  Do the businesses you support have a Cox Business (Cox at Work)
> account?
YES
> 2.  Have you verified that they are indeed using the correct IP address?
> All business accounts are statically assigned.
How in the H3&&  would I know what are the correct IPs?  Where does cox
specify this block is for res and this block is for biz?  If I don't have
that there isn't any way to tell.
> 3.  If so, have you called Cox Communications Business Services
> (402-934-6000) to find out what the deal is?
Nope, Best bet is not to talk to Cox.  They usually walk away from the
phone convo and do something unwanted.  I tend to just work-around them
whenever possible.  In this case, I could change configuration instead of
waking the beast.

-Jeff
p.s. Bob, do you work or are you affiliated with Cox?