[olug] RE: The Novell bet

Bob McCoy bob at mccoy.net
Sat Jun 28 03:10:59 UTC 2003

Ah, yes.  Let's say the magic "L" word and maybe all our troubles will
go away.  I hope they can pull it off.  But if tomorrow Microsoft, Sun,
or IBM came out and said what Novell said in their SEC filing -- that it
would not provide specific revenue forecasts for the remainder of fiscal
year 2003 or future periods -- you'd be singing a different tune.

Your loyalty is admirable.  But when the company actually tells the SEC
not to expect any revenue forecasts, it's in trouble.

Bob