[olug] Cox and port 25

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at cox.net
Fri Jun 27 04:24:48 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregg Staroscik" <netsaint at cox.net>
To: "'Omaha Linux User Group'" <olug at olug.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 11:12 PM
Subject: RE: [olug] Cox and port 25

Dear Customer,
[..snip..]
In an effort to protect our customers, as well as other members of
the Internet community receiving e-mail from Cox customers, Cox is currently
engaged in an initiative to reduce the amount of SPAM originating from our
Cox High Speed Internet network.  Beginning Thursday, June 26 we will filter
access to all 3rd party outgoing (SMTP) mail servers.
[..snip..]

Nice 8{
When did you get the email?  I sure didn't get one.  Man, what a s-o-b.
I've been ping/tracerouting, etc
for hours now.  They did the same thing to their business customers and I
had one calling me all day today.
-Jeff